November 22, 2010

Alcohol.

Aaaah... You can just smell the hate in this thread, can't you`?
Anyway, the shitty blogger I am, I should for once write a longer text, so here we go..
I've been surrounded by people using (and, sometimes, abusing) alcohol since I was a kid. It's something that's considered normal in my family, for example, I got a bottle of beer (threw it away shortly after) for my 15th birthday from my uncle. Since my last contact with alcohol was when I was about 14, I'm being considered the weirdo in my family. The one that doesn't smoke, drink or even think of doing drugs. Every mother's dream, huh? Not really (might also have something to do with my affection of poking additional holes into my body).
I feel very uncomfortable when it's a family member's birthday and people are drinking. I mostly leave the table as soon as possible, and thereby get looked down upon. My grandmother thinks I hate her because she uses alcohol almost daily as a painkiller.
I'd be ok with sitting behind the same table with them, if they wouldn't CONSTANTLY comment on my lifestyle and offer me a shot of vodka for example, they know very well that I won't accept it and am insulted by such things. And yet..

I don't drink because I choose not to. I choose not to knowingly pour poison down my throat, knowingly make my body and mind numb. Why? Because, even if I don't like my life at certain points, I wouldn't want to give away the ability to percieve everything as it is. I don't want to be able to NOT think straight. If I did drink, I'd be haunted by myself, of not being able to trust my own decisions.
Also, alcohol costs money. I'm not that much of a materialist, but I'd better spend my earnings on something I need.

People have asked me; if it were up to me, would I ban alcohol?
No. Why? Because as long as there is demand, there is supply. It'd make undercover business bloom like never before, people are used to using alcohol and don't see it as the drug it really is. I mean, weed is illegal and yet almost half of the young people I know smoke regularly. Sad but true.


I'll probably edit this post some time later to add thoughts, for me this really isn't something I can squeeze out in one go.

So long, duckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment